Wednesday, March 19, 2014

El Dorado Hot Springs



I've known for quite a while that Arizona has natural hot springs but even though I've lived here for over 30 years, I haven't visited a single one. I rectified that this week and took a trip out to Tonopah to take a dip in the springs at El Dorado.

This is a very rustic place so if you're looking for a fancy spa experience, you should look elsewhere.

You can call ahead and make reservations or do what my friend and I did and just show up. We had to wait about an hour for a private area to open up.

Some shots of the public areas:



At 3:15 we were able to go into The Corral, one of the 4 private soaking areas.

Our soaking tub with 104 degree water. This isn't a spa so there were no jets going, just lovely hot water.


The cool down tub (although the "cool" water was pretty warm since it was in the sun)

A shower

And a shaded area with 2 loungers

We ended up staying for 2 hours. It was definitely much nicer towards the later part of our stay, when the sun started going down. When I go back, I want to try a night time visit. I think the hot tub will be much more enjoyable with the cooler night time temps with the added  bonus of being able to get in some stargazing.


No comments: