Monday, September 9, 2013

Long Time, No See

eclectic (adj) Selecting or employing individual elements from a variety of sources, systems, or styles

pastiche (noun) an incongruous combination of materials, forms, motifs, etc., taken from different sources; hodgepodge

Originally I created this blog thinking that I would focus on my x-ray career and throw in some, well, eclectic pastiche as the subtitle of the blog states. Well, I've never been good at keeping up journals and I am apparently equally bad at keeping up with blogs. But I'd like to try again so I'm resurrecting this blog. I was debating on whether or not to delete the previous posts and have a complete do-over but since they're a road map of where I've been for now, at least, I'll keep them up. 

So, other than a slacker blogger, who am I?

Currently I'm working as an MRI technologist in a hospital. Getting to know my patients is what I enjoy most about my job. A lot of people are freaked out about getting an MRI. I don't blame them - I happen to be claustrophobic so I really understand when people are nervous about getting in the scanner. My exams are long and noisy and for the most part people are very not excited about being there. What really fulfills me is if I can make a patient's time with me go a little easier. I live for those times when after the exam a patient tells me that I made the experience less stressful for them.

I am a crazy cat lady but this is not a new development. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't have a cat (or several) in my life. Currently I am owned by 4 felines, all girls: Rental (15), Sienna (10), Celine (7) and Maya (4).

I love pinball and arcade games. One of my favorite things to do when I visit Las Vegas is to hit up The Pinball Museum. My favorite pinball game there is Cleopatra, a Gottlieb machine from 1977. The old arcade games I enjoy most are Dig Dug, Ms. Pac-Man and Tempest. Not too long ago I found that the local game place (Golfland in Mesa, AZ) had Tapper - what fun!

 A couple years ago I got my motorcycle endorsement and for about a year I rode a 2005 Ninja 250.  Then I stopped riding for a little over a year. I now have a Honda CBR250 and I'm waiting for the Arizona summer heat and monsoons to cool down so I can get back to riding. I loved taking day trips and finding cool places to go. 
  
I'm not terribly crafty but I do enjoy cross-stitching. I'm really good at starting projects. Finishing them is another story! I'd love to learn crochet (because when you have a houseful of cats you can never have too many string/thread/yarn based projects).

SF/Fantasy - I love to read it, love to watch it at the movies and on TV.  

So that's a little bit about me.  Thanks for reading and please come back!

No comments: