Monday, April 27, 2009

Dinosaur




This is the control panel for the machine at the clinic where I work.

My clinical site is a brand new hospital, not even 2 years old. The imaging department is all new and shiny - we have Phillips fluoro rooms with Fuji CR readers and SwissRay digital rooms.

When I interviewed for my current job, I was told about the digital imaging system they had. When I hear "digital," I think of what I have at my clinical site. I almost cried when I saw what I was actually going to be working with. The "digital" part is where it's hooked up to a CR system.

I'm slowly getting used to my little dinosaur.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your site by accident, but i'm also a radiographer (UK) and loved the ancient control unit.

I wish mine and dials and whirlly things! haha.